Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Musician Interview: Jeremy Gibson

We've got our first musician interview! Allow me to now introduce to you Jeremy Gibson!


Q: How long have you been performing music?
A: I have been on stage for around 15 years on and off.

Q: What inspired you to be a musician?
A: Seeing smiles on so many peoples faces at once. That is a powerful thing.

Q: Who are some of your biggest musical influences?
A:James tailor, Hank Williams, Glenn Phillips, Robert Smith.

Q: Which of your original songs do you enjoy playing the most?
A: Ms. Delilah

Q: What about songs you like to cover?
A: I like to cover as far across the board as possible 

I like to cover Easy Like Sunday Morning (The Commodores), Going Straight To Hell, (Hank 3) Falling Awake (Gary Jules), Rodeo Clowns (Jack Johnson), Franklin's Tower, Friend of the Devil, Ripple and others (Grateful Dead), a ton of old traditional songs are on my favorite to cover list also... Going Down That Road To Willow Tree.

Q: Do you have any venues you frequent the most?
A: Hocking Hills Winery and The Spa and Inn at Cedar Falls is also a monthly gig.

Q: Do you have a favorite show you've ever played?
A: Diamond Music Festival. Every year at Lake Logan Ohio. An event brought to you by Insea sound shop Nelsonville Ohio.

Q: The first time I saw you live, you played a song you announced as being inspired at a Grateful Dead show you were at and it was my favorite song of the night. Could you give the story behind the song here?
A: I was on a heavy dose of LSD in the early 90s and I was getting down to some dead and I thought I had beans burning back at camp. I freaked a little and headed back to the camp… The song pretty much describes the fact I had never started a fire or did I pack beans. The rest of the song just basically describes the events up to the realization of no beans and how happy I was that I did not burn any beans and then just simply describes the rest of the trip through the night. I wrote this song 20 years after the trip….

Q: How many times have you seen the Grateful Dead?
A: Just a handful. I am not what you would call dead head I just really enjoyed the music and the ride. Thanks Jerry!

Q: What all recordings have you produced, and how may they be obtained? What are your current plans for your musical future?
A: I have two cd’s that I sell at my shows for 10 bucks, a double album of both on one disc.
My plans for my musical future are to just keep people smiling until I fly.

Q: Any upcoming releases or exciting shows?
A: All of them!! HAHAHAHA! You can find a schedule at jeremygibsonmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment