Friday, August 4, 2017

Straight Line Arrival - If No Place.....


The first full band release by Straight Line Arrival, If No Place....., came out in May, earlier this year.

Starting with "P.A.W.S.", we get the confession that Sky doesn't believe he deserves to be where he is in his career compared to more talented friends, something I personally connect with 100%. It delivered so good, too. Very catchy.

"I Don't Got Money, I Got Friends" is more agressive, and filled with some self-loathing.

"Of Floods" starts off calm, but builds up quickly. The flow of this song is kinda like tides coming and going.

"I Just Want My Sweatshirt Back" is another agressive song, not showing any remorse at a relationship that is over.

"No Place" calms it down again, and is also very catchy. This is, in my opinion, the best track on the album by far. Definitely a great song to round out this short, but powerful release by Straight Line Arrival.

Check out IF NO PLACE..... on Bandcamp today!

Also, see album reviews for Wolfe Sunday, and Icabod Kobain - Demo '94

No comments:

Post a Comment